Thank you for visiting KOMPAN on the internet. Our websites (“Websites”) work with data, insights, research, and development. Managing this data and your privacy in a correct way is a responsibility we take seriously. Below please find our Privacy and Security Policy, which is applicable to KOMPAN Websites. You should not continue to use this Website if you cannot accept the policy set out below.
England and Wales
21 Roebuck Way Knowlhill, Milton Keynes MK5 8HL
KOMPAN may at any time change the policy. If we do so, we will post the changes on this Website. You should check the privacy and cookies policy on a regular basis to make sure you are always familiar with the latest version.
The personal data collected by us will primarily include, for instance, your name, email address, telephone number and similar identification data as well as information about your IP address.
Personal data about you will be collected in one or more of the below cases:
- When you visit and browse our Websites
- When you create a [user account/customer profile]
- When you order products in our web shop
- When you order catalogues
- When you sign up to receive KOMPAN’s newsletter
- When you submit requests via our contact form
- When you communicate with KOMPAN
- When you make use of KOMPAN’s other functions and services
Personal data is collected and used for the following purposes:
- Administration of [user accounts/customer profiles]
- Completion of orders in our web shop
- Delivery of catalogues ordered by you or provision of services
- Distribution of newsletters and other promotional communication/marketing
- Handling of requests made by you
- Provision of customer support and communication
- Product and service development
- Statistics and analytics
The processing of your personal data will in some cases be necessary for the performance of a contract entered into between KOMPAN and you, e.g. to complete orders of products, catalogues or services. The processing may also be necessary to comply with other requests made by you, e.g. customer support. In addition, the processing of your personal data may be based on our legitimate interest in conducting marketing activities and to develop and evaluate our products and services as well as conducting statistics.
KOMPAN will only use your personal data to send you product information, newsletters and other marketing material via e-mail if you have provided your prior and explicit consent hereto, unless applicable legislation allows us to contact you without such consent.
In addition to the above, we also collect and store information that can ultimately help us improve our Websites. The information we collect is automatically stored in an aggregated format and does not enable us to identify you as an individual. We do not link aggregated visitor statistics with personal data (“PD”) unless you volunteer your personal data.
We divide the information we collect into two categories: (1) Aggregated visitor statistics, and (2) personal data.
Aggregated visitor statistics: is used in an aggregated form to inform us where our visitors come from, what they look at and act on, and where most time in spent on our Websites. Information that we collect automatically includes:
• First party Cookie support (if you allow us to place a cookie on your computer)
• Visitor ID (Provided by a cookie we place on your computer when possible)
• Referrer (i.e. where you came from, e.g. google.com)
• Date and time of visit
• Regional and language settings (to determine which country you are in)
• Operating System (Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android etc.)
• Browser & Browser Version (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.)
• Screen Resolution (1280x1024, 1024x768, etc.)
• Java support
• IP address (Your computer's address on the Internet) (this is also personal data and thereby treated as such)
• The title of the page you are viewing
• The URL of the page you are viewing
KOMPAN may share your personal data with third party providers such as freight carriers in order to complete requests/orders for products, catalogues, etc. made by you.
In certain circumstances and according to legislation it may be necessary to disclose data to the authorities. We may also disclose your personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
In the event of reorganisation or total or partial sale of the business, disclosure, if any, will in such connection take place in accordance with the legislation applicable from time to time governing such processing of personal data.
Your personal data may be shared with third party service providers assisting KOMPAN. In such cases, the service providers are only entitled to process the personal data on our behalf and in accordance with KOMPAN’s instructions.
Your personal data is not disclosed to a third party without your permission except as described above.
Your personal data will be deleted when we no longer need to process the data to fulfil one or more of the purposes mentioned above or other compatible purposes. However, your data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymised form or if we are required to do so by law.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our high security policy standards. Accordingly, we use our best endeavours to protect the quality and integrity of your personal data.
You have a right of access to the personal data, which we process and store about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the collection and request restriction of the processing of your personal data. In addition, you also have the right to require us to rectify or erase your personal data, if necessary.
Under certain circumstances, you may also request that we provide you with an overview of the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and request us to transmit such data to another data controller.
You may at all times object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
England and Wales
Office 21 Roebuck Way Knowlhill,
Milton Keynes MK5 8HL
Should you want to complain about the processing of your personal data, you may contact us via email or letter as indicated above. You may also file a complaint with the England and Wales Data Protection Agency or other relevant supervisory authority.
Version 1.0, 01/05/2018 - 2018